Intro to Sewing: Sat May 18
Instructor: Jessie Inglis
There are so many adorable, awesome things to sew these days! Plus, the fabric choices are stunning! With the skills learned in this class, you can make anything from sweet
curtains to brighten your home, to hip tote bags to carry your beloved
In this class, you will learn how to make a cute drawstring bag. This bag can be used for anything from carrying another creative project, such as your knitting, to purchasing legumes at the market.
You will learn to:
- Decipher between the different weights of fabric and how they make a difference in your project
- Learn sewing related vocabulary
- Cut fabric (on grain)
- Sew straight seams
- Decide which stitch length to use
- Understand your sewing machine
- Use tools related to sewing: shears, pins, needles, etc, marking tools.
- Tips and tricks for making future projects
Required skills: None! Just an interest in sewing.
What to bring to class:
Sewing machine (we have 2 rental machines available, call ASAP to reserve)
- 100% cotton fabric, quilting weight. 1/2 yard.
- Coordinating cotton thread
- Fabric scissors, pins.
15% off materials purchased for class
**if you would like to continue sewing with Jessie for the remainder of the afternoon, add-on our Sewing Lab, for the special rate of $10. Happy sewing!
1 session / 4 hours
Class Date: Saturday, May 18
Class Time: 11-3pm
Price: $60 with 24 hour advance reservation / $70 walk-in