Seam Allowance: Make 25% of Your Own Clothing
Clothing provides a way to keep ourselves warm, to express our values, and to express what we believe to be beautiful.
Take the pledge! To make (at least) 25% of your own clothing.
Whether you are already making 25% of your own clothing and would like to take your process to the next level - or - you are new to making and would like the support of the group towards making 25% of your own clothing, all are welcome.
You can also take the pledge on the behalf of someone else, like a child, or someone else you'd like to make clothing for.
Every process used in the creation of textiles are welcome: knitting, sewing, weaving, felting, crocheting, etc. As long as you are using the techniques towards making garments, you are welcome to join us.
NEW! We now have two membership levels:
Seam Allowance Basic - free:
- Attend the monthly Seam Allowance meet-ups, on the second Sunday of every month, 5:30-7:30 pm
- meet others who have taken the pledge
- show off what you have made
- share your goals and clothing making aspirations
- get help and advice for works-in-progress
- come to be inspired and to inspire others
- learn tips and tricks to use in the clothing making process
- share and learn about resources to help you with your garment making goals
Seam Allowance Pro - $75 per year:
- Attend the monthly Seam Allowance meet-ups (see above)
- 10% off all tools and materials used toward your Seam Allowance goal
- Open studio time to trace, cut, sew, spin, and knit, on the first Saturday of every month, 4-6 pm
- Advance notice and registration for upcoming special events related to garment making
The Seam Allowance Meet-Up is always the 2nd Sunday of the month, 5:30-7:30 pm.
Check out the Seam Allowance Blog, to read about how Seam Allowance was started, why it was started, and more!