Sequence Knitting Workshop with Cecelia Campochiaro - December 4th
Instructor: Cecelia Campochiaro
1-day Sequence Knitting Workshop
This all-day workshop with Cecelia Campochiaro, author of Sequence Knitting, will start with an introduction:
- Concept of Sequence Knitting
- When Sequence Knitting makes sense
- How to read sequence knitting instructions
- Common mistakes
- Creating 3 swatches using Sequence Knitting methods.
In the second part of the workshop students will plan their own project:
- Selecting a sequence knitting project from the book
- Yarn choice: gauge, hand, colors and working with variegated yarns
- Swatching the project
- How to “read” the knitting in their specific project
Pre-requisite: Suitable for advanced beginners through to very experienced knitters.
- 2 balls of yarn in contrasting colors with appropriate needles for swatching
- a copy of Sequence Knitting
- needles of the student’s choice to begin swatching and planning their own Sequence Knitting project.
Dates: Sunday, December 4th
Time: 11:00 am - 5:30 pm with an hour lunch break
Bio: Cecelia Campochiaro started knitting at age 12. She has a doctorate in spectroscopy and has lived and worked in Silicon Valley for over 20 years, where she is an expert at using microscopes to look at problems with computer chips. Textiles, photography and the arts have been a lifelong passion. Sequence Knitting began as a way for her to create complex fabrics with a simple knitting process.
Cancellation policy: Please note, for this special event, you must cancel 7 days before the start date of your class in order to receive a full refund. We cannot honor any refunds within 7 days of the class start date unless we are able to fill the class from the waiting list.