Garment Construction: Sewing with Knits, Uptown Top: Coming Soon!
Let's learn to sew with knits!
Prerequisites: This class is for the intermediate sewist. You should be very confident sewing with woven fabrics, including sewing curves and sewing with accurate and consistent seam allowance. This should not be your first garment, but it can be your first time sewing with knits.
- Sewing machine with ability to sew a zigzag stitch*
- Ballpoint needles to fit your sewing machine
- Uptown Top pattern (printed pattern or PDF; your PDF should be taped together and directions printed out)
- 1.5 yards of dot paper for tracing off your pattern
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Pinking shears
- Fabric chalk or pen
- Seam ripper
- Clear 2"x18" ruler
- Knit fashion fabric in the yardage to match your size
- 1/2 yard of woven fashion fabric for your neck facing and arm facings
Class Size: 6 students max.
Date: Coming Soon!
Time: 5:30 - 8:30
Tasa holds a BFA in Dance and a certificate in Apparel Design and Merchandising and has been working as a professional costume and apparel designer for over 15 years. She is the technical designer and pattern drafter for Verb’s line of sewing patterns and teaches sewing classes at Verb. Tasa makes over 50% of her own, and her family’s, wardrobe and hopes that her classes inspire others to create and work with textiles in whatever way fits their lifestyle. Currently Tasa works in the costume shop at Cal Shakes and designs costumes for several local dance companies.