Announcing our first KAL of 2023:
Mabel by Cocoknits using Bread & Butter Bun
1st prize: $100 gift card to A Verb for Keeping Warm
2nd prize: $50 gift card
3rd prize: $25 gift card
Where: A Verb for Keeping Warm Ravelry Group & Instagram
To enter: Participants use Bread & Butter Bun to knit Mabel and post photos of their progress in either our Ravelry group and / or on Instagram.
When posting on Instagram use #BunMabel.
To get a free copy of Mabel:
1. Purchase a sweater quantity of Bread & Butter Bun
2. Add the Mabel KAL to your cart.
Later today, you will receive an email with a coupon code where you can download the pattern on Ravelry.
If you have previously purchased Bun and would like to join us, simply add the Mabel KAL to your cart and checkout (it will be free.)
Mabel is a loose-fitting, comfortable pullover. The pattern is also infinitely adaptable - try knitting the neck ribbing into a cowl or extra long fold-over turtleneck. Add cables, split the hem, knit it knee length, add stripes - the sky’s the limit. It is written in 10 sizes from 36 to 72” bust, so you have lots of options for fit, as well!
36 (40, 44, 48)(52, 56, 60)(64, 68, 72)”
91.5 (104.5, 112, 122) (132, 142, 152.5)(162.5, 172.5, 183) cm
Bread & Butter Bun, 100% Merino; 130 yds / 118 m per 100 g / 3.5 oz skein
5 (5, 6, 6)(7, 7, 8)(9, 9, 10) skeins in color Soft Serve [ivory]
To select your size:
1. The model is wearing size 3 / 44" finished bust circumference. I do not know the model's exact bust measurement, but I am guessing there is about 8" of ease. So if you like that look, plan to knit the size about 8" bigger than your actual bust measurement.
2. Look to your closet. Is there a similar sweater or sweatshirt that you love to wear? Measure it and plan to knit the same size Mabel.
3. Check out the recording of Julie of Cocoknits and I discussing sizing, yarn options, and sweater modifications.
Would you like additional support and helpful tips on knitting your Mabel, sign-up for this free series of emails. Each week, you will receive an email, where Julie, the founder of Cocoknits, will guide you through the process of knitting Mabel.